Friday, January 13, 2017

Five Miles...done!

When we started running today, I didn't think we'd get the full five in. Maybe four, maybe four and a half, but I didn't think my legs could do five. I should've planned it better. Running again in less than twenty-four hours has proven difficult in the past. I decided we could cut it short if we needed to. We'll just see how it goes.

I took an extra loop around the park to add some distance. That was tough. The first loop was tough today, then to do it twice...but we were already approaching three miles coming out of that. While I felt like I was on the struggle bus, my pace said different. (One of the reasons I wanted a GPS watch - doing it's job!) Then we had a nice stretch of straight path. No turns. No twists or loops. While it's got it's hills and valley's, it's a good place to get yourself together (when you're not running into the wind, which thankfully, today, we were not) and that's what I did. So, we were just at four and we were almost home. We could turn and go for five or finish with a little less than four and a half. 'Turn' sounded like a good idea.

I'm not going to say that that last half mile wasn't hard to push through, but the point is that we did. Well, I did. It's all a piece of cake for Henri. 4.98 as we approached the house so we did a lap around the end of the cul de sac and finished at 5.1! Again, Henri being such a sport when we pass home and he's like, 'You know we missed another turn, right?'



So, now we have just a little less than a month to add just one more mile to meet our 10k by February 10th goal! That gives us time to get comfortable in the four to five mile zone and a little wiggle room with the January weather (because this next week is not looking good).

Runs this year: 4

Miles run this year: 16

No comments:

Post a Comment