Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Take Two

Okay. Today felt much better. In fact, I only planned on us running 4.25 or 4.5 miles. It was feeling pretty good and ended up being 5.25 instead. I'll definitely take it. Since it felt so much better than Sunday, I'm encouraged.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still struggling, but I bounced back better today. Maybe it went so well because I didn't mean to run that much. It wasn't in my head that that's how far we were going to run. It was more of a "let's do these two laps and maybe one more twist and just see how far that gets us." So thankful for Henri when I start to hit a wall. I don't exactly know how we added distance to this one, but we didn't have to lap the house. That's always a good thing for poor, confused Henri.

We're in that January gloom, where the sun just doesn't come out. It is rather depressing. It's about to get cold again. Well, I say cold, but really 30 degrees is not cold. It's probably our favorite temperature to run in. We'll see if that continues now that we are running a longer amount of time in it.


Runs this year: 8
Miles run this year: 35.75


No comments:

Post a Comment