Thursday, July 3, 2014

Go, Henri, Go!

Today, Henri wanted to go! Sometimes I joke that he's taking me for a run, not vice versa. I have a Ruffwear leash that wraps around my waist. You can probably picture my being dragged around by Henri. He's my little sled dog!

Guess what though! I am getting faster. Sure, he might have pulled me along a little, but I still had to keep up without falling on my face, which I did! 

Since I'm using the Walk for a Dog app, I looked back at my runs for the week. They're all a little different, but let's take a look:

Monday 3.13 Miles/4.95 MPH
Tuesday 3.13 Miles/5.07 MPH
Wednesday 3.11 Miles/5.02 MPH (I don't know what happened to .02 Miles)
Today 2.92 Miles/5.48 MPH (I forgot to turn on the app first thing, so that MIGHT bring it down a bit)

Go, us!

I was hesitant of sharing my times, thinking that I'm not really much of a runner, so this might be really embarrassing. It doesn't really sound very fast, 5 MPH. I walk about 3.5 MPH (I had to time it on a treadmill - I was curious) Ooh, that might have just made it worse, but I now remember that I am usually running around 5.5 MPH on the treadmill and that's during my fast interval.  I think I pushed it up to 6 MPH once. It's easier to run on a treadmill, right? You don't have to proper yourself forward, right? My sprint at the end was faster and longer too! See? I'm getting faster!

I read an article about how to train yourself to run faster. It said to run with others that run faster than you. Check, and check!

No comments:

Post a Comment