Thursday, July 17, 2014

On your marks...

When I sprint at the end of our run, I like to think that I'm racing Henri to the finish line. I know he's fast and at no point during our run is he going anywhere near his level of speed. It's not really much of a race. Today, I think he was going easy on me. We pretty much tied. I don't believe for a second that I was just going that fast.

I love to watch him run. When he's playing at the dog park, he's running, ducking and jumping over obstacles, or at least what he's creating as obstacles for the other dogs. He can spin and turn lickety split, where many of the others dogs cannot. It's very entertaining and you often hear an "Oh!" coming from the spectators as he jumps over some dog to avoid getting caught. When he gets going, he loses all the other dogs. They give up. He turns around and there is no one chasing him anymore. He has learned not to go full speed so he doesn't lose his friends. You see? He doesn't just go easy on me.

Maybe I can increase my speed. I am motivated by his smile and I know from our sprints that he would have plenty of smiles for me if we were able to go that fast more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment