Thursday, July 31, 2014

Well, that was surprising!

I wasn't even sure this run was going to happen.

I woke up at 1:30am with a horrible headache. I knew that if I didn't get up and take something for it, run or not, it was not going to be a good day. The problem with getting up in the middle of the night to take something is that you have to get up, you have to walk around, you have to have a drink and you probably have to go to the bathroom, too. This means you wake up, which sucks. I wanted to just roll over and hope that it would be gone when the alarm went off, but I couldn't take that chance, not as bad as this headache was. So, I did all of the aforementioned things and as predicted, I woke up. I thought about just changing my alarm right then. There was no way I was going to feel better in 2-3 hours and feel like running. I tossed and turned for 45 minutes to an hour till I finally fell back to sleep. Grrr. 

The alarm went off at 4:30am. I felt surprisingly rested and the pain was gone. Okay! So, we go on our run! It was interval day, too. I half expected the pain to come back while we were getting ready or as soon as I started to run, forcing me to stop and walk, hoping that I would make it home okay. Sometimes pain and I do not get along so well.

Now, I have been in pain every day for at least two weeks. I've had to really push through at points. I have almost been to the point that I wanted to stop. Today? Today felt great! Maybe it was the pain medication that had already been pumping through my system for several hours. Maybe I was just comparing it to how bad I had felt a few hours ago. It felt so good to run today! I always enjoy running with Henri, and being outside, and seeing the sun come up, but today I actually enjoyed the running.

I almost changed my alarm for this morning. I'm so thankful I didn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment