Friday, July 11, 2014

Remember that run we just did?

Sometimes I wonder if I am programming Henri to be more active. I've actually wondered this for awhile. Is taking him to the dog park every day conditioning him to need to go to the dog park every day? Is running every morning only making him need more exercise? 

We've been running every weekday for 3 weeks now. This week, he is coming back, grabbing a toy and running around like crazy. I move, he lunges, trying to get to the toy that I was not even going for. This is a good thing since it's playing with him without too much from me. He isn't taking a nap when we get back. He's up, bringing me toys while I try to get ready for work. I can't dry my hair and play keep away. Henri, you remember that we just ran 3 miles, right? 

I get it. I know how working out gives you more energy. Work-out, increase blood flow, increase oxygen. More oxygen, more energy. I'm not getting that extra energy. Where is my extra energy? Maybe Henri is getting my energy, too!

I'm only kidding. It's just a silly thing that I've been wondering about for awhile. It's amusing to me that I am trying to wear him out and I might actually be doing the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment