Wednesday, July 16, 2014

WalkForADog...or in our case, run

My laptop doesn't seem to want to connect to the internet so I write this on my phone, which is no easy task. It's late. I've spent too much of the evening trying to get my laptop to work. We have to get up early to go on our run so, I'll keep this short.

Every morning as we walk out the front door I make sure to turn on my iPod and the WalkForADog app on my phone. I love this thing! For every mile you walk (run, bike), WoofTrax donates to your local shelter or a shelter of your choice. That's awesome in and of itself, but I don't have to have a running app going as well. WalkForADog does it all for me! It tracks my miles, my time, my pace...all the same things my running app does. It keeps a history of all of my runs and I can share straight from the app to Facebook or Twitter. I highly recommend it if you want to start running with your dog like I do (or better than I do!)

If you don't want to run with your dog, no problem! It is called Walk ForADog. You and your four-legged buddy can go for walks and support a shelter. Maybe you don't have a four-legged buddy. You can still walk (or run, or bike) and donate to a shelter. The more people that donate to a particular shelter, the higher the donation per mile, so encourage others to walk with you and you can all use the app, donating even more!

Henri and I donate our runs to Homeward Bound Pet Shelter (you may have seen our tweets), the shelter Henri was born in and where we found him. They were actually in danger of closing last year because of funding, so this is a really easy way to give back, a little at a time.






No comments:

Post a Comment