Tuesday, July 1, 2014

It was a dark and stormy night...

...but the morning was found to be cooler with the only sign of rain being the occasional puddle and some scattered debris across the sidewalks.

It's bittersweet. It seems it only rains right before and right after we run. Henri doesn't want to go outside in the rain, much less run in it.  I don't know that I would like running in it much either. Perhaps a little spritzing rain would be okay, knowing that it wouldn't turn into more, but so far, since starting this adventure, it has only rained one morning that we got up to run. This is how I know that Henri doesn't mind passing up the run.  

I had woken up, gotten ready and opened the back door for him to go to the bathroom before we head out, only to discover it was raining. Henri took one look outside and turned back into the house. I turned around to find him looking at me expectantly and hopping and backing up, his way of saying, "Come on! Follow me! Let's go!" He took off towards the stairs. I followed him upstairs where he quickly turned towards the bedroom and dived into bed. I wasn't going to argue with him!  It was back to bed with us! 

The excuse to stay in bed would be nice. I certainly wouldn't have need to shower as badly (Yes, that is mud going up my leg, not freckles or hair. Henri did a better job of avoiding the offending puddle.)


I know there will be plenty of days the weather will keep us from our run. Today, when Henri backed off to run along side on me, looked up and smiled, I wasn't missing my sleep one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment