Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Let Me Take a Runfie

I've come to the conclusion that my legs are in a perpetual state of pain. They will just always hurt. It doesn't matter if I take a day or two off from running. It doesn't matter if I take a day or two off from T25. It doesn't matter if I stretch or work the same muscles in the same way. That's just the way it is. I'm not complaining because they don't hurt so bad that I can't walk or that I can't run. It's just enough to make me have to push.

I accidentally shut off my Walkforadog app while I was running today. It saved at the halfway point, so I didn't lose everything, but what I found was interesting is that the average speed says 8.15 MPH. That has to be a mistake. I wasn't doing intervals today. I was trying to keep a steady pace and push through a couple of slow patches so how do I have an average of 8.15 MPH? I'm only basing this off my runs on the treadmill at the gym, but pushing it to 6 MPH was hard, and that feels more like what I run when I'm doing intervals. Is running outside and on the treadmill that different? I need more running friends. I don't understand the simplest of things about running.

Speaking of my app shutting off, it might have had something to do me trying to take a picture of how dark it was. Maybe it just felt extra dark after yesterday. Maybe it was the dark clouds overhead that we covering all moonlight. The only time I could get anything that you could see, outside of maybe a glowing patch, which would be Henri's collar, was when we were right under a lamp post. There are only two in our path. This was the second one. I wanted our shadows, but the angle of the light didn't make that possible. There is a little bit of my shadow in the left hand corner.


It's blurry because we were still moving. No slowing down, even for a runfie!

No comments:

Post a Comment