Friday, July 25, 2014

Massage for two, please!

I'm so glad it's Friday! Just so glad. My legs are sore. Not so bad that it hurts to walk, but enough that you know you worked them. I'm thankful for a few days off.

I had to push through the wall of pain this morning. Sometimes, around the ten minute mark, I want to quit. It hurts, but I know, if I keep pushing for a few more minutes, usually around the thirteen minute mark, I'm good. I just have to get through to that point. Stubbornness will get you a long way when it comes to working out. That and being dedicated to your puppy.

I know I hurt. I wonder how Henri feels? Henri is younger, more athletic, and in better shape than I, but that doesn't mean that when we switch things up, as we did this week, his muscles aren't feeling a little tight. I decided to give Henri a puppy massage every night, focusing especially on the legs and the chest.

At first, he seemed a little confused. I was petting him, but it felt different. He didn't really want to sit still, but then he settled, licking my hands as they massaged his front legs and his chest. He relaxed as I massaged his hind legs, then rolled to his back so I could rub his belly.

I like a massage, to relax the muscles a little or get rid of the pain, but then I'm done. Don't touch me anymore. I could not spend hours at a spa. Henri is like that. Once he felt good, maybe three minutes in, he jumped up and ran for a toy. He had my attention, why not play? Typical Henri. 

No comments:

Post a Comment