Monday, September 29, 2014

Color, Color, Everywhere

This was my Saturday. How was yours?



The Color Run was AWESOME! I must do it again! Like, now. Well, not now because I definitely overdid it and couldn't put weight on my foot for about 6 hours and am still struggling with a little pain 48 hours later, but I'm going to go ahead and say it was worth it.




Truly, I did want to do it again, immediately. It was fun. There was music. There was dancing. There was color. There was the running part, too, which after only one week of getting back into it, was a little much, but I pushed through. I realized that this was my first actual 5k. I walked the Polar Paws 5k last year. I would have run it, but I didn't know that my sister was going to run it and that would have left my mom walking all by herself. So this is the first 5k that I ran! And I ran the whole thing! Ignore the fact that running the whole thing was probably a mistake.


Seriously, what a great way to start the day! We stayed for the after-party for about an hour, dancing in the color clouds. When I got in my car, I didn't really want to sit down. I turned my music up and danced a little more, on the way to brunch.



I did miss my four-legged running partner though. I may or may not have given him a hug upon coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment