Thursday, September 25, 2014

Side By Side

It was a quiet morning run. I don't think we saw a single person out this morning. There even seemed to be fewer cars going by. Maybe everybody decided to sleep in today. Not us. We got up and ran.

I'm doing my best to keep at a slower pace, to run fewer miles, to give my ankle time to build itself back up. It's hard, but I can tell it's the right thing. 

Henri is spending more time right at my side while we're running. I don't know if it's the loose leash training we did while we were walking, or if he's trying to encourage me to keep going, but it's so cute when he trots along side of me and smiles up at me. It's probably my favorite thing he does. 

I don't really know how people do that on sidewalks. I feel like I need him to be in front of me or we will trip, and that's probably more due to my lack of grace than Henri. Sometimes I just find myself not going in a straight line. Plus, if he's in front of me, I can use his collar to light up the sidewalk for me so I can make sure I'm not tripping over anything. So, we've got a new command for our runs. "Front" for when we're going by a bush that juts out onto the sidewalk. I don't know if he knows the command or if he's just nervous that there is a bush in our path. He's not doing his normal, "Eek! A thing!" movement, so I think it's the command.

No comments:

Post a Comment