Monday, September 15, 2014

Two Vs. Two

Today we were able to walk again. I should say that I was able to walk again because it was me that couldn't walk. I'm still not at 100% so I thought it better not to run and put that extra pressure on my spine. I go to the chiropractor again on Wednesday, so I'm hoping to feel much better Thursday morning. 

Today's adventure brought us face to face with not one, but two dogs. Really, Henri was the one that was face to face with them because he was more at their level.

We were almost home. We've gone by this house and this dog before. He's a large black Pit, which I hold no prejudice against, but he's BIG. There is no fence, he's just on a tie-out. It must be a strong tie-out because he comes running when you get close and he is pulling and barking the entire time. We've passed him before so I know he's there sometimes and I know he can't get to us so we just keep going, but today, he had a partner. 

So big guy comes barreling through the yard, knocking over a large planter, which falls and dumps all it's contents, not slowing him down in the slightest. Henri is watching him and pulling to get by faster, but then out the back door comes a Chihuahua, who is not on a tie-out, barking and coming around from behind to the other side of us. That was a surprise! This made it much more difficult to keep moving forward and aggravated Henri who had nowhere to go because he had barking dogs coming at him from both sides. I'm trying to keep calm and to keep moving, but, honestly, I'm a little rattled too. This second dog, not being restrained, is a little more to contend with. Henri is now barking at the Pit, maybe because the Chihuahua steered him in that direction, so he had no choice but the defend himself (They didn't actually get close to each other, they were just making noise). The Chihuahua is circling us, making it very hard to move forward. I'm hoping that someone is going to come out and get their dog so it doesn't continue to follow us the rest of the way home, especially if it's going to continue to bark the whole way there. No one ever came out. No one ever came to the door. No one ever called to their dog. We were left there to fend for ourselves.

Finally, we are able to push past their property line and the dog barking starts to lessen. The Chihuahua didn't follow us and eventually went back in the house, I assume, because I was focused on moving forward and reassuring Henri. 

The good news is that we don't go out at that time but twice a week, so we shouldn't run into these two very often. Maybe the extra dog, the Chihuahua, was just a fluke. I'd never seen it there before. Maybe it was an oddity for them to leave their back door open. I'll know to watch for them both now. Oh, the adventures we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment