Monday, September 8, 2014

Walk On

Today's morning adventure found us walking yet again. My ankle and foot have been kinda swollen this weekend so I'm hoping one more week of rest and I can start working up to a run next week. The weather is cooling off and I'm really want to run in it. I saw a girl running with her pug on Saturday and I was jealous.

There were a lot more dogs out today, not necessarily walking, but in their backyards as we went by. Usually when this happens, Henri pulls a little so he can investigate, but usually carries on when I tug on his leash a little, with a little whine of protest. He must not have liked what this dog we passed was saying because he was really trying to get to them and tell them off. I thought we might have a problem until we passed another house and he was back to his normal tug and whine routine. Then we passed another house and he was normal again. I don't know what it was about that first dog, but he just didn't like it.

Henri is still doing well with his loose leash walking. He wants to go faster and he really wants to be ahead of me, but he tries. He waits off to the side as runners go by. He didn't pull when we saw another dog being walked (The same one that we were attempting to pass when I hurt my ankle - insert shaking fist). He forgot that the weeping willow leaves were safe this morning, but I let it slide because the owner of the house was walking out to her car and he was curious about what she was doing and the leaves snuck up on him. Then he dodged a bit of cardboard that was on the sidewalk at the very last second like he thought it was going to be okay and then decided that it was not.

Silly puppy. 

He's got a lot of energy built up. It's cooling down, but not quite cool enough for him to enjoy the dog park in the afternoon yet. It's getting there though and neither one of us can wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment