Tuesday, September 2, 2014

WalkforaDog Update

I've mentioned the WalkforaDog app before. For those of you who are just joining us, this app donates money to a participating shelter of your choice for each mile you walk, run or bike. You can read my previous post about it here.

There has been an update to the app. It now gives you more information about the amount of people and miles walked for your selected organization.

Henri and I run, currently walk for Homeward Bound Pet Shelter in Decatur. This is the shelter where we found Henri. 11 people have walked 157 times for a total of 399.7 miles for Homeward Bound Pet Shelter. Henri and I personally have ran/walked 32 times for a total of 85.5 miles. I'm glad to see there are others using the app to help Homeward Bound. I'm also surprised to see that Henri and I have ran/walked almost a quarter of the miles. That's kinda cool! 

I'm glad that we can give back in such a simple way as having an app running while we do something we were going to be doing anyway. I strongly encourage anyone who might be walking, running or biking (or any other continuous motion activity) to download the app and pick a shelter to support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment