Monday, September 22, 2014

Virtual Run Day One

I did what I was supposed to. I took the time off from running for my ankle to heal. I didn't run on Thursday or Friday (or this weekend) so my back could finish sorting itself out. Today, we ran! And, boy, did it feel good.

Okay. It wasn't really a run since I'm supposed to work up to a run. It was a run-ish type thing, and that's what matters. I have to get my ankle strong again. I could feel it as we were moving, but, seriously, I'm just so excited about running again!

Just in time, too! This week starts the Running With Ollie Virtual 4-mile Fun Run and Scavenger Hunt. I've never done a virtual run before. It's run that can be run wherever you are! You can do it all at once, or in pieces. You can do it running around your neighborhood or on a treadmill at the gym. It's pretty much all up to you! You just report back online. Of course, I'm excited about this one because Lea, who organized this whole thing, runs with her dog, Ollie (Hence the name of the run and her blog). Ohmigosh! I run with my dog! 

So, today, since I still have to build my ankle back up, we ran what we'll call a mile and a half, at a steady pace. It probably wasn't that much slower than our normal running pace, but it could just feel that way since I haven't ran in 6 weeks and I was SO ready to run!

Now for the Scavenger Hunt part of the run. I have to post five things for the scavenger hunt. A running selfie, something beautiful, something unique, something that makes me smile and a record of our run. Today, I choose the running selfie even though it is also something that makes me smile and I think it's beautiful.


Henri is so happy to be running again! I'm so happy to be running with him! And yes, it counts that my feet are in the picture.

I've been telling him all weekend that we were going running today. I have made sure not to walk our normal running path because I didn't want to confuse him and have him pull me while I needed to be walking. He perked up when I told him to turn towards the running path instead of go straight. He was one happy puppy!

1 comment:

  1. YAY I am so excited you were able to do it and I love your running partner!!! :)

    ReplyDelete