Wednesday, July 1, 2015

{52 Snapshots of Life} Week 26: Father

Henri and his "Papa" have a relationship much like that of a human child and their father. 

"Papa is my favorite. We like to rough house. He doesn't have rules for the games we play so I can play my way. I don't have to "drop" the toy, "wait" or "leave it" like when I'm playing with her. That usually means enticing him into a game of tug so that my toys rip and I can tear the stuffing out of them. Then she takes the toy away and we don't see it again for awhile. He doesn't like when I play my squeaky song for him though. I don't understand why.

He gives me lots of treats, snacks and table food. I know this so I always sit by him when given the choice between him and her. I just stare at him long enough and food is soon offered to me, especially if I can get a little drool action going.  He feels real bad for me then. If he goes to the kitchen, I get up from my snuggling with her to follow. I mean, he might be getting something for me. 

Papa is a little lax on the training so I don't always have to sit in a certain spot or lay down before I get a goodie. I have these big puppy dog eyes that get me many things when I want them, even though I've been told 'no' by that other human. I can get him up earlier in the mornings, too. I stick my face in his, sing him a song and he's up. She makes me go lay back down and wait until she wants to get up. That's fine because she doesn't feed me as much food as he does because she thinks I'm going to get fat. 

Papa comes home in the middle of the day to see me and I get to spend some alone time with him. Sometimes he stays up at night and I stay up, too. This week was something called Father's Day and he had a birthday. I know this word because I have one of those, too. That means lots of toys and goodies! He got lots of presents, which I wanted to help open. His toys didn't seem like much fun to me, but the wrapping paper was fun! He shared with me, because he's a good Papa."







No comments:

Post a Comment