Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Be...In The Run

Okay, so here's what's been going on! We have had three really good days of running and I have just slightly forgotten to write about them. They've been fairly uneventful, but all the same, here is a recap.

Monday was a steady run. I was concerned that I would decide to injure myself again this year as I signed up for The Color Run on Sunday and last year, if you remember, the very next day, I hurt my ankle and attempted to spend the next six weeks recovering. Thankfully, as of yet, I have not been injured. There is still time, unfortunately, but we're just not going to think about that and it should be all good. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything until The Color Run was six weeks away, as it's not till October. I might have just jinxed myself. Again, Henri is not able to join me for The Color Run, so I'll be without my favorite running partner. I'll just have to motivate myself. Maybe I'll get a shirt with Henri running on it so I can still be running behind him. It would be cute if the front of the shirt has a frontal view of him running and the back had his fuzzy little butt from behind! Ha! I just might have to do that.

Tuesday was peaceful. I had acoustic guitar in my ears and I could still hear the birds chirping their morning songs around us. It was 68 degrees, but 97% humidity so when I reached down to give my playful tug on Henri's tail, it was wet, and this was within the first quarter of a mile. We were slightly faster than Monday, despite the humidity. 

Today was 58 degrees! What?! There was actually a fog sitting on top of the lakes. Or was it steam coming off of the lakes. I don't really know. It was kinda spooky and cool and pretty all at the same time.

This week has been easy to just fall into rhythm. Maybe it's been a little cooler and the air hasn't been as thick, so it's easy to just...be...in the run. Sometimes, with Henri, it feels like synchronized running. There are bushes or trees that come over the sidewalks and we just fall into our places, moving to the sides, running one behind the other, and then spreading back out. It's these runs that make me so thankful for Henri and for this opportunity to run with him and bond with him. When I forget about the speed, when I forget about the pains and discomforts my body is yelling at me, when my mind is wondering and with him at the same time, these are the runs I live for. When he smiles up at me, when he slows to be by my side, when I can see his mind working, when he plays with his ice cubes after, when he lies by my side as we cool down, it's all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment