Wednesday, July 1, 2015

We're Going On An Adventure

What started out as a quick run turned into a three hour adventure!

Saturday was the first day with no rain in the forecast in...I don't know how long. Also, it was a high of 75, so, awesome! After being lazy for too long in bed, I decided to get up and take Henri for a run. I couldn't decide if we should just go for a run around the neighborhood or go out to a park and run there. The change of scenery won out and we decided to go to the park.

Unfortunately, it was 11am. This was totally my fault for being lazy. The sun was high and the heat from the sun, even though it wasn't really that much heat, was beating down. There were places along the path that it was hard for me to breathe. I could have pushed through, but Henri was already looking exhausted, so we shortened our run and walked a little, until we got to a spot with more airflow and finished the run. We then collapsed in the shade of a tree for some drinks because the car was way to hot to sit in. For once, Henri seemed to enjoy just relaxing. He's not really a sit and stay in one place for long type of dog. He didn't whine once, just drank his water and cooled off in the light breeze.




Once we were good and cooled off, we set out for another walk. There were some places in this park we had not explored before and today seemed like the perfect day to do that. Even though we were walking, Henri seemed quite content with the new surroundings. Usually, he is in a hurry to get someplace, even if he doesn't know where he's going. Not today! Today was all about just being outside and enjoying the weather, even though I'm sure it was a little warm for his taste.

I took my GoPro with me, hoping to figure it out a little better. I feel like I got some great shots of Henri, and that's really all I bought it for anyway :)





Plus, we cannot forget, the image that I have been trying to capture since I bought my GoPro. Ladies and Gentlemen, without further adiou, "The Shot", complete with strategically placed lens flare over my bottom. Does God know what He is doing or what?




No comments:

Post a Comment