Thursday, July 30, 2015

What The What!?

Today was only our second run of the week. It's been an off week with giving my aches and pains time to resolve themselves on Monday and storms on Wednesday. It was nice to be able to go out this morning, even more so with the 64 degree weather. I expected a good run. Apparently, rest is the answer.



Yes, I ran 1 mile in zero seconds. I ran another mile in seven seconds. Then the next in nine. You couldn't expect me to keep up that pace forever, could you!?



Yeah, technology was not my friend this morning. I don't know what was up with my phone, but apparently the GPS got a little confuzzeled and thought I took a SUPER QUICK detour. I don't think it ever recovered. When I got home, it said 8.1 miles. Once it finally caught on that that was wrong, it became 4.09, which is still wrong. I mean, it looks like a three year old drew my route today!



Also, the Walk for a Dog App shut down after the first mile, probably because I was going SO FAST so, I missed donating 2 of my miles to Homeward Bound. What happened!?! It's actually really funny to me and who doesn't need a little laughter in their life? I just took it all to mean that it really didn't matter how far I ran or how fast I ran (even though I'm really curious) I ran.

I wore my new shoes today! I tried on multiple shoes, but these shoes just felt like home when I tried them on. It felt that way when I laced them up this morning as well. Peace and relaxation in a shoe. Fun running with your best friend in a shoe. Henri approved. He looks so tired! I mean, we did run REALLY fast.


This is why there are no pictures of us running. Even though the sun was coming up, I still couldn't get a decent quality picture without standing under a light post.

No comments:

Post a Comment