Wednesday, July 8, 2015

What's the Weather?

The problem with running before the sun comes up is that you really can't tell the weather very easily. It becomes very clear after the sun starts to come up, but until then, or until something happens, you have no idea.

We woke up and got ready. I really wanted to sleep in, but I got myself out of bed and pumped up to go. I always check out the window first, to see if it's raining. It was not. It was really dry. I got dressed and went downstairs and let Henri out. This is when I test the temperature. Honestly, it was disgustingly humid, but we were up and getting ready. There was no turning back now!

We head out the door and it's starting to sprinkle. Again, can't tell by the clouds if it's about to dump or not and the forecast didn't call for rain yet. I decided we would just do a little loop if it started to rain any harder. We're crossing the street and I see lightning. And we're turning back around. I'll take a chance on rain. We've been caught in it before and we survived. Lightning? No thanks.

And now we're up and ready to go and we can't. I should have slept in.

The good news is that the rain brought some MUCH cooler temperatures! I was going to go on a run after work, but then I wasn't sure if either one of us would be ready to go again in the morning. The sun was coming out so I wasn't sure how the cooler temperatures would hold out, so we voted for the early am run. Call me crazy. No, really, because I really want to sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment