Thursday, July 9, 2015

Zero Percent

I looked out the window this morning and sure enough, it was not raining, just as forecasted. I checked the hourly weather and there was zero percent chance of precipitation for several hours. We were in the clear for another run.

Except, wouldn't you know it, the weather forecast was wrong. Again. 

The wind was not the friendliest of winds right off. We were running into it, which is a directions we don't run in a lot on our route, so I knew we just had to push through. While it was still in the 60's temperature wise, it was still a little warm so the breeze was a blessing, when it wasn't blowing against us.  

It started around the mile and a half mark, which conveniently is also where we could have turned to go home had we needed to make a dash for it. At first, I wasn't sure it was really rain and not just water blowing off passing trucks or a drop or so off Henri's feet as he ran. Then I started to see it on the sidewalks, the darker, wet spots increasing in proximity of each other. Luckily, it was only a light sprinkle, so it was more refreshing than debilitating. It stayed that way while we finished the run, increasing in speed a little at the end, just in case. 

I don't know why I even bother checking the weather. I'm pretty sure our luck is going to run out soon, especially if the rainy days continue to outnumber the non-rainy days. Honestly though, I still prefer the chance of rainy days to the humid, sticky, I can't breathe days. More of the latter are coming very soon. *sigh* I suppose it is only July. It has to get worse before it can get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment