Friday, July 3, 2015

Defeat

I am doing a horrible job of posting lately.  You see, my OCD does not allow me to post things if they are not in order and I can't just skip certain things so I fall behind and then my daily blog of our run is missed and I missed one, so I miss another until finally I catch up with the other posts, but I've already missed so much during the week...I feel so defeated. Maybe that is just the feeling I am left with after this week of running.

My legs have been sore this week. I don't know why. Maybe the run on Saturday did them in, but we hardly ran because of the mid morning heat. We walked a lot, but I doubt it was enough to make my legs hurt. I have just felt like I could not get my legs to move. When I finally felt like I was moving, my speed said otherwise. I have now learned that when I feel like I have to push harder, I'm usually running faster, but not this week. This week was push, push, push, keep pushing. Henri has still seemed to enjoy the runs and I seem to have worn him out each day, despite my slower pace. Maybe he has had to push as well.

Today, I had the day off again, so, again, I played lazy and didn't get up early. I should have, again. I really need to learn that if we're going to go for a run, I need to move in the morning or not go at all. I think I have learned this lesson for sure now.

While it was only 70 degrees, the same temperature that it is most early mornings, that sun kills us, or at least me. Saturday, I had felt like I could have kept going, but Henri looked hot. Today it was me that couldn't go on. We ran one mile and I just had to stop. Henri kept looking back and me and trying to get me to move again, which I gave into after a half a mile, but I don't know if I made it another half a mile before I had to stop again. We pretty much kept up that routine for the three miles. Once we got near the lakes, the breeze washed over us and I was good to go. Of course, we were almost home, so it was time to stop. Yes, I suppose we could have just ran back and forth by the lakes, but by this point, Henri looked like he had had enough.

Defeat. I try to argue that at least I got out there and tried. It's not like I did poorly, I just didn't do as well as I would have liked, especially today. It's not a race. It doesn't matter how fast I go, as long as Henri is getting some exercise, which he seems to have gotten, so, it's worth it. I don't mind a mediocre run here and there when there's a really good one that follows it, but I just didn't see that this week and ending with today's run-ish, walk-ish thing...it's just not the way you want to feel.

Maybe we will try to run again tomorrow, but only if I get my butt out of bed early. It will probably be good for Henri anyway, to expend some energy, so he doesn't turn into a nervous ball of energy in the evening when there are fireworks.




No comments:

Post a Comment